Frequently Asked Questions
- How much is the resort fee and what amenities are included?
The resort fee is $30 per room, per day plus tax which includes:
- Two bottles of water in your guest room, replenished daily.
- “Lavazza Blue” single-serve coffee and tea in room.
- Complimentary WI-FI access in guest rooms and public areas.
- Access to the resort fitness center, featuring Troy Dumbbells, Star Trac Treadmills, Octane Max Total Body Cross Trainer, Resistance Bands, and more.
- Bicycles, to cruise the neighborhood.
- Kayaks and paddleboards at our beach.
- Access to our business center.
- Two beach chairs and beach towels daily.
- Access to our heated pool.
- Do you have parking on property?
Yes! Due to our limited parking spots, we offer Valet only.
Overnight parking - $25 a night, with unlimited in and out privileges.
- What is your cancellation/deposit policy? Your reservation may be cancelled without penalty at least forty-eight hours prior to arrival. Our non-refundable and pre-paid rates will be subject to the terms and conditions of the rate or package booked.
- Does the hotel take an authorization? What is it for?
Yes, at check in you will be asked to put a credit card on file for an incidental hold. This hold will be the amount of room nights booked + tax and $100 each night for incidentals. If the room is prepaid, we will put a hold on for $100 per night.
While at the Resort, you may add items to your folio including resort fees, valet parking, restaurant charges, gift shop charges, and more.
- Can I bring my pet / Pet Policy?
Absolutely! You can bring up to two pets (dogs only, please) up to 25 pounds each for a $100 + tax per pet/per room charged to your account upon arrival. The pet fee is to cover the additional cleaning cost necessary to prepare the room for our next guest. This fee does not cover damages to hotel property or excessive cleaning of guest room.
Please note that pets must always be accompanied by owners and must be on a lead or a leash in public areas. Apart from guide dogs, pets are not permitted in ROI, the pool deck, or fitness room.
- What is the check-in/check-out time? Check-in time is 4pm, and check-out is at 11am.
- WHAT IS YOUR CLEAN ENERGY FEE? The resort charges 3% of room charges to offset the resort's sustainable energy efficiency.
Things To Do
- Does the resort have a fitness center? Yes. You must be 18 years of age or older to access our fitness center.
- Does the resort offer a swimming pool? Yes. Our heated outdoor swimming pool is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Are there beach chairs and towels available? Yes. Two beach chairs and towels are provided. Extra chairs are $15 each and umbrellas are $30 each per day.
- What activities are offered at Hillsboro Beach Resort?
- Access to our pool and beach
- Kayaks and paddleboards
- Telescopes for stargazing
- Yoga on Sunday mornings
- Are there activities and restaurants in the area?
Yes! Our hotel is only a mile and a half away from Deerfield Beach and Pompano Beach. Check out their restaurants, beaches, shopping, and more!
Looking to venture out? Visit Mizner Park in Boca Raton, Las Olas Boulevard in Ft. Lauderdale, or visit the busy streets of Miami.
Looking for specific activities or restaurants? Please ask our Front Desk and they will assist with recommendation, we partner with Hospitality Liaison Services which provides coupons and discount for restaurants, boating and fishing excursions, watersports, parasailing, and scuba diving/snorkeling. Looking for activities to do on land? Relax at Spa De La Vie with a massage or a facial treatment or walk around the Bonnet House Museum and gardens. Entertaining children? Check out Bluefoot Pirate Adventures in Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Butterfly World in Coconut creek, or visit Gumbo Limbo Nature Center in Boca Raton.
- Do you have a Spa? We do not, however we can recommend nearby Spas, please ask the Front Desk upon check in.
- Is there shopping and dining nearby? In addition to our on-site restaurant, ROI, offering our chef’s freshest and most delicious selections, our resort is located less than two miles from downtown Deerfield beach, with several dining options. Visit Mizner Park, less than five miles away, for boutique shopping and fine dining restaurants.
- Are their activities in the area for children? Entertaining children? Check out Bluefoot Pirate Adventures in Ft. Lauderdale Beach, Butterfly World in Coconut creek, or visit Gumbo Limbo Nature Center in Boca Raton.
- What is Turtle Season?
Nesting Season in Broward County officially begins March 1 and ends October 31. The area is home to Leatherbacks, Loggerheads, and Green sea turtles. All sea turtles lay their eggs on the beach at night and MUST have unobstructed access to their nesting grounds.
If you would like more information, please visit: https://www.townofhillsborobeach.com/208/Sea-Turtles
During this time, please be aware that our beach attendants can not set up before the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) come to check on the nests every morning. This also prohibits cleaning/ raking any seaweed that come onto our beach within a certain radius of the nests and limits how many chairs/ umbrellas can be put out for our guests.
Guest Rooms & Suites
- Do you offer roll away beds or cribs? Is there a charge? The resort does not offer rollaway beds. We do offer guest rooms that can accommodate up to six guests, as well as interconnecting rooms for larger parties. Cribs at no additional charge upon request.
- Do you have accessible rooms? Yes, we have accessible rooms that include roll-in showers, grab bars, and a single king bed. Visual telephones are also available for hearing impaired guests.
- What floors do your rooms start on? Do they all have balconies that overlook the ocean? Our rooms start on the 2nd floor and go up until the 6th floor. Our oceanfront suites have balconies overlooking the ocean, however, our other rooms with balconies are on the side of our hotel with partial ocean views. Please note that not all the resort rooms have balconies.
Transportation to Hillsboro Beach Resort
- How do I get to the hotel? Is there a shuttle that you offer from the airport? Although complimentary airport transportation is not available, our front desk would be pleased to assist in arranging transportation for you and your party. For directions to the resort, please see our Maps and Directions page.